HVLP – Spraying

HVLP stands for : High Volume, Low Pressure.

This typically refers to the specific type of sprayer that is used for finish work, such as Trim, Cabinets, Patio Furniture, etc… HVLP is designed for use where more precision is desired, and less waste (or overspray). 

With an HVLP, warm air is forced from a powerful turbine which atomizes the paint. In contrast, an “Airless Sprayer” (for use on large surfaces like walls) uses a piston to pressurize the paint, which is then sprayed out of a small orifice forcing it into tiny particles.